Well, with the arrival of a baby comes the arrival of a lot of products in the house. Some more indispensable than others. When making choices, pay particular attention to convenience, taste and sustainability. Borrow what you can, rent what you need and buy what you want. To make things a little more convenient for you, we share an easy checklist of 10 products you really should get.
- Autozitje: indispensable because it is the only safe way to transport your baby in the car.
- Baby carrier or sling: not only great for on the go, but also useful for babies who have trouble sleeping. Use it indoors while you're at it and your troubled sleeper will instantly be left with your body heat, smell and movements.
- Wipper or baby cocoon for the high chair: cozy and convenient at the same time. Cozy because your child can sit with everything and safe because they are attached with a harness.
- Organic cotton rompers in many sizes: rompers are indispensable, there will be days when you have to change into a clean one every hour and there will be days when suddenly nothing fits anymore. Be well prepared and provide plenty of clean wrap rompers in multiple sizes.
- Woolen clothes: go for wool, this is warm, breathable, timeless and easy to keep clean.
- Hats: it protects the head and keeps your baby warm. Go for 2 (wool) hats that are soft and go easily over the head.
- Socks or slippers: Babies need to stay warm, so make sure to wear socks with bows or slippers with Velcro, for example. Wool is also a perfect material for this.
- stroller: Just as indispensable as a car seat is a good pushchair. Pay special attention to this because it is useful for you. If you live in an apartment without an elevator, go for one that is as light as possible that is easy to fold. If you have a house with a spacious hall, choose a manoeuvrable one.
- Carrycot for the pram: especially in the first period when your child sleeps a lot, it is useful to have several safe places to sleep. With a carrycot that fits on the pram, you can safely do your shopping while the baby sleeps through the night.
- Commode: a changing table or changing table is practical. A permanent place where you change the diaper in the house where you also keep the diapers, wipes and clean clothes. Also handy is a changing mat within reach of your bed and couch. And thank us later.
Of course there are more than 10 things that are indispensable for your baby's layette. Do you value sustainable choices, but would you also like beautiful, quality products? Then we can certainly help you further. It is useful to have a 1 on 1 schedule a session with our founder Julie, she will help you make choices that suit you.